The Benefits of Automated Pharmaceutical Packaging Inspections
The automated inspection of pharmaceutical packaging has become essential to the day-to-day affairs of companies wishing to attain the efficiency and error-free work that is demanded of them. In addition to the rigorous quality control implemented on the products themselves, it is important to ensure the compliance of packaging and labeling information.
According to the Institute of Medicine, labeling and packaging issues were the leading cause of medication errors, reaching upwards of 33%.
If labels and packaging components are not up to the same quality standards as the products themselves, there could be detrimental consequences to both the brand and consumer. In this article, we explore the numerous ways that automated packaging inspections can benefit the pharmaceutical industry.
Automated Pharmaceutical Packaging Inspection Technology
– An Essential Tool for Companies of Today
Quality control is at the forefront of any successful enterprise and automation is one of the best ways to achieve a strong quality control process. Automated quality inspections are more accurate and efficient than manual proofreading. The role of automation within a company’s operating processes will dramatically improve the prevention of packaging errors and the number of potential recalls.
Automation technology is currently being used in various manufacturing and production environments within pharmaceutical companies, helping them to stand out from the competition by ensuring top-quality products and packaging components. Aside from reducing the risk of errors, automation technology helps pharmaceutical companies save impressive amounts of time and money by eliminating the inefficiencies associated with manual proofreading.
How GlobalVision’s Automated Inspection Technology Produces Error-Free Pharmaceutical Packaging
GlobalVision’s quality control technology was developed to meet the needs of regulated industries, particularly pharmaceutical and life sciences. The advantages of pharmaceutical packaging inspections do not stop solely at the reduction of risks pertaining to recall and error. In fact, the benefits continue to include:
- Standardized verification of quality control at every stage of the pharmaceutical workflow
- The ability to track all revisions and changes between departments with full transparency
- Decreased labor costs thanks to the ability to expedite projects and proofread labels without delay
- Peace of mind knowing that any critical errors are caught before they inflict any sort of damage
Pharmaceutical labeling is just as important as what’s included within the packaging. With the safety of consumers on the line, the best way to ensure label and packaging compliance is through the automated verification of these components. Visit GlobalVision’s pharmaceutical page to learn more about how automated inspections can help your business bring confidence to quality control.
- 5 Common Packaging Mistakes in Pharma
- Pharmaceutical Trade Tips for the Printing Industry
- Get your Complete Guide to Meeting FDA Labeling Requirements Here
- Streamlining Pharmaceutical Artwork Management
- Learn How Some of the World’s top Pharma Companies have Cracked the Efficiency Code with Automation
- Ensure your content is always error-free in record time with GlobalVision. Try it now for free.
- Keep up with the latest updates in automated quality control. Sign up for our newsletter.